What does it mean "to be Optimistic"?


We are likely all familiar with hearing optimism expressed as "the silver lining" or "the glass half-full" or "the sunny side of the street".  The skeptics among us (I would guess probably all of us) are a little uncomfortable with these sort of "pollyannish" sayings... the Law of Attraction adherents likely think we are being trite when there are more expansive ways to express optimism in their particular lingo.  It seems like I hear a lot of folks saying "It's all good" regardless of what has just transpired.  I'm sorry.  Sometimes I don't think it is "all good".  I do believe there are times when an injustice has been perpetrated and/or an apology is required.  Maybe that is just my thing.  What do you think?
I'm beginning to realize (I'm only 59, haha) that optimism is work .  I don't mean that it is hard, back-breaking, mind-bending labour, but I believe that we need to take action on our journey-- that we don't just automatically move from being dull-brained and negative to being light-hearted and forward-thinking... we need to take the actions that are needed.  And, lo, this is the time of the year to take action, isn't it... oddly enough, this is the time of the year that people generally DO take action .... for about three weeks on average.   If your goal is to be an optimistic person for the rest of your life I'm going to ask you to commit to more than three weeks here... is that okay?  If you are not following me already, please click to follow me and then we can take the actions together... many hands (feet?) and all that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Your wisdom & sharing helps someone else along their journey to life-long happiness and daily optimism! ~Cynthia