Optimism and Physical Health

Today we are well aware of the connection between our minds and our physical bodies.  I remember as a teenager hearing my mother and her friend complaining about their ever-complaining friend... she had this, she had that, her husband did and said this, her kids never...blah blah blah.  The more down she got, the less attractive she was to the very people she sought out as supports.  Not long after my memory of the gossip,
she became ill, it was discovered she had breast cancer, and she died.

Fortunately, the mind-body connection can also work the opposite way.   If you take care of yourself-- eat well but not too much, exercise, get enough rest, you will likely have a positive outlook on life.  I know that when I am crabby that if I take a short nap, I am good to live with after that : )

 _________________________________________
With gratitude, I base this blog on the book "Learn to be an Optimist: A Practical Guide to Achieving Happiness" by Lucy MacDonald, a Quebec-based motivational speaker with an academic background in psychology and counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Your wisdom & sharing helps someone else along their journey to life-long happiness and daily optimism! ~Cynthia